Perhaps you are leaving full or part-time employment and looking forward to more leisure time. Or maybe you intend to continue with some paid or voluntary work, start your own business or take-on family commitments.
Whatever your plans and individual circumstances, there will be a lot to think about:
- What lifestyle do you hope for?
- Can you afford it?
- What state pension/ benefits will you be entitled to?
- Will you miss the old routines and social side of work?
- How will your family or friends be affected?
- Are there new opportunities for leisure, education, volunteering etc?
To help you consider these and any other questions which you may have, why not come along to one of our pre-retirement courses, where you will gain information and advice from our expert speakers and meet others in a similar situation to yourself?
Concerned about getting old - don't be